| A | B | C |
| D | X | E |
| F | G | H |
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H are referred to as Positions.
X is the Draw Pile.
A, B, C, D, E is Player 1’s “Side”
D, E, F, G, H is Player 2’s “Side”
The game in a nutshell:
Each player places a card into any Position. Whoever has the highest Poker hand on their “Side”, wins the Round. The loser draws a card, and the winner goes first next round.
The first person to have no cards when another person draws a card, wins the game.
How to Play Z Poker
Z-Poker has two parts. The Start Game, and the End Game.
The Start Game is essentially played to determine who has the first turn (becomes the “Starter”).
How to play the “Start Game”.
- Each Player is dealt ten cards. The Draw Pile is placed face-down between the players (X).
- Each player selects a card and plays it face down into any empty position.
- Cards are flipped over at the same time, the player with the highest card (Ace High) is determined the “Leader” of the “Start Game”. (Note: If each player flipped over the same ranked card, then point 1 & 2 is repeated until a “Leader” is found.)
- Players now take turns placing cards Face-Up into any position, with the Leader going first.
- As soon as any player has a card in all positions of their “Side”, determine who has the best poker hand on their “Side”, this player becomes the first “Starter” of the End Game.
(Note: You do not necessarily need to have all positions filled on your “Side” to have the best Poker Hand)
- Whoever has the worst Poker Hand, becomes the first “Reply” of the End Game, and Draws a Card.
(Note: If each layer has the same ranked Poker Hand in their “Side”, then whoever was “Leader” becomes the first “Starter” of the End Game.)
How to play the “End Game”.
The Starter plays a card into any position.
The Reply plays a card into any position.
Whoever has the highest poker hand using the cards on their “Side” becomes the Starter.
Whoever has the lowest poker hand using the cards on their “Side” becomes the Reply, and draws a card.
Repeat the “End Game” until a Winner is found.
The first person to have no cards when another person draws a card, is the Winner.